It's...the OwlHenryBlog!

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I post my latest work - illustration (I), graphic design (GD), photos (P), videos (V), writing (W) - as well as stuff I like by other people (OPP- "otha people's pictures"). Check back often for updates, and to show you care.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Happy Holidays 2013! (I)



Hello all! Thanks for all your support this past year! Despite the pressures of nursing school, I've managed to put out some fairly deece things, I hope you've enjoyed them. And I fulfilled my resolution to publish at least one thing a month! Yeah!

Above is the image I made for my holiday cards this year. The creative process is fascinating to me. Being a largely untrained artist, sometimes I have to let the pencil do what it wants, and either I like what I see or I start over. Forcing a design out if it's not coming is just painful. This year was like that; I had a really different image in mind, but I couldn't make it work. (It was a little alien sitting on a wall looking at a star, but it kept looking like a giant penis with feet. Not so Christmasy...or not the holiday vibe I was going for.) So I started doodling, and this li'l weird dude came out with his floating cats. Huh.

Happy New Year, everyone. Everyone here at Owl_Henry (which is just me, of course!) wishes you a happy and safe holiday wrap-up. See you in 2014!!


No comments:

Post a Comment